Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Therapy for Life


I'm OK, You're Not.


Those other people aren't the same;
they're different, they must be to blame.
If only they were more like us,
who would we throw beneath the bus?





My brother Mike Gale recently published a book called Of Wisdom and Ignorance and the Fine Line Between Them. 

I want to say it's a poetry book, and it is, but really, it's a book of short, to the point observations about life.  "Wry" would be the word I would use to describe these little gems.  Oh, yes, and they do happen to rhyme.


Here's a few more. 

From the section, "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder."


My next door neighbor has it all;
Two cars, a boat, a house so tall.
When asked what he thinks of me,
he craves my life's simplicity.

From the section, "Chaos Theory."

Order is so hard to keep;
endless things to fix or sweep.
But as I fix or sweep each day,
The mess in me is swept away.

From the section, "Good Sports"

Why do people love their sports,
silly men in silly shorts?
Weekend warriers think they're bold,
Cause when they stop, they start getting old.














And the poem after which I've titled this post, for its delicious little double entendre:

Your family members you can't choose;
With some you win, with some you lose.
They bring you love, they bring you strife.
They bring you therapy for life.






By the way, you can read them all for a mere $3.58.  Yes, I'm shameless!

No comments:

Post a Comment